The video "Purest New Zealand, the source of our Manuka Honey" takes us to some of the remote Comvita hive locations, where every drop is crafted to perfection.
Manuka honey, collected from Manuka (Leptosperin Scoparium) flowers, is sourced from New Zealand’s most pure and remote locations. Renowned for its rich flavour, Manuka Honey is recognised worldwide for its unique properties not found in ordinary honey. It is unsurprisingly used as a key ingredient in many products such as juices, hot drinks, soaps, hair products and sweets. Historically it has also been used medicinally for aiding sore throats, skin conditions and digestion.With a flowering season of just 2-6 weeks a year, it is definitely one of nature's special gifts.
Comvita was founded in 1974 by Claude (63 at the time) and Alan. They believed in the power of nature. They carefully harvested every drop of precious Manuka honey, working in harmony with nature's system. Four decades later, we stand by their beliefs, protecting every perfect drop all the way from its pure New Zealand source to you.
From New Zealand’s rugged central North Island volcanic plateau, to the bush clad hills of Northland, Comvita uses helicopter to collect our UMF® Manuka honey from remote hives deep in the bush of Kaimanawa, New Zealand. To Comvita, no length is too great to go to achieve perfection, delivering you the pure and quality Manuka Honey.
Many factors can affect the quality of Manuka honey - it’s natural so the sun, wind and rain all play a part. Comvita analyses Manuka honey in our world-leading laboratory to ensure every drop is independently certified for quality and authenticity by the UMF® Honey Association. Every jar of Comvita® UMF® Manuka Honey is traceable from source to shelf.
We work closely with our bees and beekeepers to produce UMF® Manuka Honey of the highest quality. Only the best honey will make the Comvita® Honey quality grade. No other company knows Manuka Honey like Comvita®.
UMF stands for "Unique Manuka Factor". The UMF grading system appraises natural markers found in Manuka honey, and assures purity & quality. The UMF® mark is an independent certification of quality that guarantees our honey’s natural origins, from our hives in some of the most pristine parts of New Zealand. And it’s a definitive measure of the rare Manuka properties within.
Every batch of Comvita® UMF® Manuka honey is independently analysed and certified for quality, purity and authenticity by the UMF® Honey Association (UMFHA). The UMF® number indicates the level of the unique Manuka properties within the honey. The UMFHA also conducts random sampling to monitor quality regularly, ensure Manuka honey carrying the UMF® mark is true to label.
Comvita Manuka Honey carries UMF® mark, which means all three naturally occurring signature compounds, Leptosperin, DHA and Methylglyoxal are measured, that together indicate high quality, authentic Manuka honey - while other systems measure only one or two. This process gives you a much more comprehensive and assured view of what's in your honey.
Please see www.umf.org.nz for further information on the grading system and UMF quality mark. Comvita is license holder 1019.
UMF® Manuka Honey is always at the heart of Comvita’s products, besides honey in a pot that can be enjoyed straight from the spoon, in a smoothie, Manuka recipes or in your favourite beverages; Comvita has specially formulated UMF® Manuka Honey in various products for targeted goodness.
1. Immune Support Elixirs - Comvita's Winter Wellness range of products contains UMF 10+ soothing Manuka honey and the Elixirs also contain zinc to support the immune system.* The essential ingredients are combined with Propolis and Blackcurrant, for a soothing Elixir.
2. Lozenges - Manuka honey infused lozenges to soothe throats as the Manuka Honey melts in your mouth, we have a selection of Pure UMF 10+ Lozenges that can be carried around and used in tea to Manuka Honey with Lemon and Ginger or Propolis, the perfect on the go selection. For Children we recommend Manuka Honey lollipops.
3. Natural Sweetener - UMF 5+ Manuka honey can be used in cooking for different ways of taking this everyday goodness; cakes, drizzled on breakfasts, lovely on yogurt.
4. Wound healing aids - Comvita®’s Medihoney® Wound Gel contains medical grade antibacterial Manuka honey, which has been scientifically researched and clinically proven to naturally support wound healing and reduce the risk of infection. There are over 14 years of research and safety data including over 130 case studies, laboratory studies and randomised controlled trials, supporting Medihoney® Wound Gel, which is used in hospitals and clinics around the world with outstanding results, on burns, ulcers and open wounds.
5. Derma care for dry, itchy and sensitive skin - Formulated with medical grade Manuka honey, the Medihoney® Wash, lotions and creams are fragrance free, soap free and dermatologically tested for dry, itchy and sensitive skin use.
6. Oral Spray - Combining the power of UMF®10+ Manuka honey, herbal ingredients and Propolis to numb your throat, Comvita Oral Spray is a handy helper on the go.
(*Manuka Honey Elixir with Blackcurrant, Propolis Herbal Elixir contain zinc and copper which contribute to the normal function of the immune system.)
Do you have a question about Manuka Honey? Below you'll find answers from our honey expert to the questions we get asked the most about.
A: Manuka Honey contains the 3 natural occurring chemical markers that we test for to give its powerful activity, which is why Antibacterial Wound Gel a Manuka Honey gel is used in hospitals for healing.
A: There have been lots of reports about some brands not testing to what is considered Manuka Honey. New Zealand have tightened their regulations and only some definitions Manuka Honey can be sold in New Zealand stores, Comvita Manuka Honey is sold in New Zealand the home of Manuka honey.
A: Manuka Honey has been taken by pregnant women for many years with no reported problems as a result of its ingestion. As a food, we suggest that UMF Manuka Honey is generally considered safe to take during pregnancy. If you do have concerns, please consult your healthcare professional.
Not to be taken when breastfeeding.
A: If your healthcare professional has suggested that honey could be consumed with your condition, Comvita recommends to start with small quantities and monitor blood sugar levels. Indian Ayurvedic physicians suggest that honey serves as a valuable sugar substitute and can be consumed by diabetic subjects. Recent studies suggest that honey is tolerated by individuals with impaired glucose tolerances.
A: Honey that is left 'raw' straight from the hive contains bee pollen and parts of the bee hive or the honey comb. Comvita's honey is filtered remove these particles, to ensure you have a raw clean honey.
A: UMF is the standard due to the UMFHA (UMF Honey Association), a highly respected independent organisation. UMF standard does not only measure the unique antibacterial properties of some Manuka Honeys, but also to ensure companies who are producing Manuka Honey are adhering to strict quality guidelines.
All other measuring tools ('MG', 'Active', 'NPA') are used at the discretion of the producing company, with no third party checks in place. The UMFHA regularly conducts audits on all companies using the UMF trademark.
From hive to shelf, we manage and track the entire process of making Comvita UMF® Manuka honey. We analyse its unique properties in our world-leading facilities. And finally, it's independently certified by the UMF® Honey Association to ensure the quality, purity and authenticity of every drop.
from £ 99.99 £ 89.99 Sale Sale
from £ 49.99 £ 44.99 Sale Sale
from £ 2.99 £ 30.50 Sale Sale
from £ 29.99 £ 26.99 Sale Sale
from £ 17.99
from £ 4.99
from £ 13.99
from £ 79.99 £ 71.99 Sale Sale
from £ 17.99
Back To Top