Easter is here, which unofficially means it’s the season of chocolate! However, if you are looking for some healthier alternatives, here are some chocolate-based desserts and Easter treat recipes, sweetened with natural honeys that won’t leave you feeling too guilty.
A sweet and tasty way to kick-start the day, simply cut open your hot cross buns and spread some Manuka Honey with Ginger for a tangy spicy honey inside, place in the oven for two or so minutes for the honey to run and soak in, take out and ready to serve (pictured below). Alternatively, you could warm a tablespoon of an alternative Everyday Honey up in a pot, add half a teaspoon of cinnamon and then glaze over the hot-cross buns before placing them in the oven for a few minutes to absorb for a truly unique taste.
Chocolate Mousse Recipe
Try this delicious healthy dessert incorporating Comvita Olive Leaf Extract and Wildlands Honey ingredients.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 4 medium avocadoes
- 2 tbspn of cocoa powder
- 2 tbspn of Wildlands Honey
- 30ml of Fresh-Picked™ Olive Leaf Extract liquid Natural Flavour
- 120ml of lactose free milk or almond milk or filtered water (depends on your taste)
- Topping of your choice (chopped nuts, berries, or coconut desiccated)
Berry Sauce (optional)
- 300g fresh berries of your choice (strawberries or raspberries)
- To make the berry sauce, place the berries in a blender and whiz for approximately 15 to 20 seconds. Pour the berry sauce in a small container, and refrigerate it until the mousse is ready.
- To make the mousse; put the avocados, cocoa powder, Wildlands honey, Olive Leaf Extract, and milk or filtered water into the blender and blend together until the consistency is smooth.
- Serve; pour the chocolate mousse on the bottom first. Add the berry sauce and decorate with topping of your choice.
More Comvita Recipes: