Healthy Fudgey Brownies
These healthy fudge brownies contain much less sugar and fat than you’d find in a traditional brownie recipe. Plus, they are 100% dairy-free and gluten-free.
Ingredients - Serves 8
- 200g avocado flesh (about 2 avocados)
- 2 eggs
- ½ vanilla pod
- 1 tbsp water
- 100g/3.5 oz bar of 65-70% dark chocolate
- 85g/3oz cocoa powder
- 50g coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp Southernlands Honey
- ½ tbsp baking soda
- Pinch of sea salt flakes
- 1 cup homemade salted caramel sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180C/360F.
- Grease with a little olive oil an 8-inch baking pan.
- Melt the chocolate in a heat-proof bowl over a pan of boiling water. Once melted, let it cool a little.
- Add the avocado flesh into a mixer, then fold in eggs, vanilla and water. Blend all ingredients until creamy.
- Add in sugar, cocoa powder, honey and a pinch of sea salt. Mix all ingredients, fold in baking soda and stir until just combined.
- Transfer the mixture into your prepared pan, levelling out the top and spreading well out the mix to all the edges.
- Sprinkle with sea salt flakes and bake in the oven for 20-25 min, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before taking out of the pan. Cut into square and drizzle with caramel sauce if you like.